Innovative, inspiring tools for training and development grounded in principles of working with photography
Points of you® tools are innovative, inspiring tools for training and development grounded in principles of working with photography as a “vehicle” for expanding perspectives, opening possibilities, inspiring action.
The Coaching Game is an easy to use tool that brings a fresh spirit of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to every encounter. The game contains 65 cards, a 165-page book with stories, quotes and coaching questions, 4 process charts and a focus-notes pad.
Punctum uses colorful and stunning photos, life topics and powerful questions to create a playful atmosphere of learning and exploration. This game includes 33 photo cards, 33 word cards, 33 question cards, a cloth process-chart and a user guide.
Why to use it?
“Viewing any photograph begins an associative and emotional process in each viewer, and each viewer sees a unique reality inside the photograph’s borders. Thus any single photograph can hold numerous meanings simultaneously. The borders of every snapshot form both a window into the image and also a window into the viewer’s mind” (Judy Wiser, “Photo Therapy techniques”)
What I love most about Points of you® is the wide variety of potential uses. It’s magic works effectively both in one-on-one setting and in a conference environment with hundreds of participants. Those are different processes of course, and require different facilitations skills and styles – but the tools never fail in energizing the group and inspiring insights buy inviting and embracing multiple perspectives.
|The tool offers countless different ways for application – once you understand the method and the key principles of working with Points of You® cards (e.g. the benefits and drawbacks of working with cards Face-up or Face-down) it is up to you how you integrate it into your process design.|
Let me share couple of examples of how I use the tools:
- In one on coaching conversations (combining the use of photography, words, stories and powerful coaching questions helps the coachee to dive deep faster, feel more resourceful, inspired, empowered and accountable to act)
- In team coaching processes when assessing team dynamics I often use Points of You tools combined with other frameworks like Lencioni’s Team effectiveness pyramid or the Four rooms of change
- In group coaching sessions, using a dynamic conversation process combining dyads, small group conversations and personal reflection. The process can involve exchanging cards, building group puzzles, working with photo albums, word association charts, etc.
- In leadership development training to facilitate feedback and self-reflection (exploring one’s own leadership impact, communication style or people engagement skills) – the exercise is based on using a photo album, fast paced speed dating process and silent observation recording from multiple observers
- In innovation and creativity workshops – to foster breakthrough thinking, practice non-judgement, ignite new perspectives
- In strategic planning – as a visioning tool, cultural assessment tool, strategy assessment tool
- As an energizer or a networking tool in large conference environment
If you wish to check the tool in action, see the video with pictures from diverse workshops using POY:
On www.points-of-you.com you can experience playing with Points of You cards; buy The Coaching Game and Punctum; search for Trainer Certification program information, and also find numerous inspiring “goodies” (Journals, downloadable Postcards, inspirational quotes, music … and last, but not least – several ready-to-use workshop facilitation manuals, downloadable for free)